What does the outside condition of your home reflect back to others?
Some buyers make a decision about a home before entering, therefore what can you do to draw a buyer into a home for sale? Change the energy of the entrance, your well on your way to an offer. Let’s dig in with 5 tips to get you started!
Hold up, before we dig in let’s consider two entrances.
The first house is positioned on a dead end street. Vines cover the porch and encroach on the windows. The shrubs are prickly and wild, needing a good trim. To reach the front door, visitors have to duck under an overhanging tree branch and walk on pavers that are unlevel, causing a feeling of uneasiness. The front entry creates the illusion of a cave with no window, doorbell that doesn’t work, and the house numbers are hard to see or missing a number. This house front sends a strong message that it’s disconnected from the rest of society. Chi is not welcome, therefore buyers will feel uneasy and approach with caution, caution is all that they see.
The second house has a curving path with colorful flowers that visually capture the buyers eye, all the way up to the entry. The front door is carved wood with ornate glass inserts that is well lit. The doorbell is encased around a turtle carving, representing the owner’s love for sea life. There are two chairs, a jingling windchime, sign with a welcoming message, and small table to set packages down. This front entry is both welcoming, peaceful and gives a sense of comfort. What type of thought do you think the buyers will have about this entry? Possibly already thinking about an offer?
Now which entry felt better to you? Post a comment below. As I promised, here are the five feng shui tips.
- Pay special attention to the front door, which is considered the “mouth of chi” (chi is the “life force” of all things) and one of the most powerful aspects of the entire property. Abundance, blessings, opportunities, and good fortune enter through the front door. It’s also the first impression buyers have of how well the sellers have taken care of the rest of the property. Make sure the area around the front door is swept clean, free of cobwebs and clutter. Make sure all lighting is straight and properly hung. Better yet, light the path leading up to the front door to create an inviting atmosphere.
2. Chi energy can be flushed away wherever there are drains in the home. To keep the good forces of a home in, always keep the toilet seats down and close the doors to bathrooms.
3. The master bed should be in a place of honor, power, and protection, which is farthest from and facing toward the entryway of the room. It’s even better if you can place the bed diagonally in the farthest corner. Paint the room in colors that promote serenity, relaxation, and romance, such as soft tones of green, blue, and lavender.
4. The dining room symbolizes the energy and power of family togetherness. Make sure the table is clear and uncluttered during showings. Use an attractive tablecloth to enhance the look of the table while also softening sharp corners.
5. The windows are considered to be the eyes of the home. Getting the windows professionally cleaned will make the home sparkle and ensure that the view will be optimally displayed.
Kandi Phillips, Founding Member, FL Licensed Realtor®
C: (239) 595-1239 – F: (941) 209-1550
REALTORS: Are You Ready For a Radically Different Approach to Real Estate? – CLICK HERE